/r/RABM/

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ives & Amort - split (2010)

IVES / AMORT split

Year: 2010
Genre: Blackened Crust (Ives), Funeral Doom (Amort)
Country: USA
Label: Boue Records

Track List:

Ives

  1. Intro (Consume)
  2. A Tangle of Hair and Bone
  3. Feral
  4. Sweet Field of Ecstacy
  5. Regression
  6. Outro (Death within Primal Grain)

Amort

  1. In Bed With Decay

bandcamp

I received an email from Boue Records informing me about this release about half an year ago, but then I had to many demos waiting for a review, so I decided to post this one a little later. Ives' side of this split is actually a re-release of their debut, "Burial of the Modernized Soulless", but with much better quality of production. As for Amort, they're a band from Seattle playing very slow funeral doom (nothing similar to Ives). Personally I think "In Bed With Decay" can hardly be called metal, but fans of dark ambient/drone will probably like it. The whole split is available for streaming @ bandcamp, and according to Boue Records, it's also free to distribute ("we don't have copyright shit").

P.S. Looks like Ives have released a single called "Ugliness and Its Proud Bearer" in late 2011, but I couldn't find it anywhere (and I wasn't that impressed by what I found on youtube). Anyway, if you have listened to it, feel free to share your impressions.

No comments :

Post a Comment