/r/RABM/

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Rütäbägä - "The Realm" (2014)

RUTABAGA "The Realm"

Year: 2014
Genre: Stenchcore
Country: USA

Track List:
  1. Cultivation Of Anarchism
  2. To The Depths
  3. Firegiants And Forefathers
  4. The Moth Wrangler
  5. Blasphemous Winter
  6. There's Elves In The Wood
  7. The Realm
bandcamp

A new release from two of my readers from the wasteland that is Middle Oregon. Overall, their approach to music never was too serious (which is evident from their name and some of their songtitles), so don't expect any superior quality from their music. However, if you just love raw DIY crust/stenchcore (musically as primitivist as the ideology of at least one of their members), this EP is for you.

"...I've got an album that I've been working on for a few years now and I feel it's something I would definitely like to share with the RABM community. It was recorded in pieces and it's not superior quality music or anything, but it's a piece of art that I've held pretty close to my heart. Songs themes vary from personal topics to our political views to text based role playing games I used to do on message boards to hallucinations and visions...

A band I've been following a lot after reading your blog is Wilds Reprisal from Portland. His work has helped turn me onto and identify with the reality of deep ecology, which is a concept we want to bring into further albums! We also identify a lot with the content released by Ramlord, Panopticon, and crust bands like Sanctum, Stormcrow, and Skaven.

My drummer has been in and out of train hopping, but he's here right now. He has spoke of living in the woods like his grandpa and living in the wild. He has somewhat of a primitive/survivalist outlook and acts upon it when he chooses which seems pretty natural to me and is something I want to create as a unit"

No comments :

Post a Comment