- Chasmbound - at a first look at the cover and the track names, I didn't expect this band to be very metal at all, but it turned out to be an interesting mix of BM, post-metal and hardcore. Probably not for the fans of raw stuff, though;
- Earthbound - a band with similar name, playing a sort of blackened hardcore as well, but they're from Krakow while Chasmbound are from New York. Not bad, even if they sound just like regular metallic hardcore band for the most part.
- Ande - one-man (post-)BM project from Belgium, described as "a personal way to honour black metal that was, is and will be". Doesn't seem to be explicitly political, but worth checking out especially for the fans of atmospheric BM.
- Crescent Days - noisy post-BM/shoegaze from Germany/USA. Not explicitly political as well, although one of two members is socialist. Their album was released by CVLMINIS last autumn, limited to 30 copies.
- verãopop - ambient/noise/drone from Portugal, featuring a member of Aires. Released by An Out Recordings, a label that you probably already are well familiar with.
- Uzvrat - a new crust/hardcore project from Croatia, featuring members of Hesperian Dead Horse among other bands. Download.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Continuing the tradition of giving the all the not-quite-political and/or not-quite-BM demos at least a brief mention, here's the 3rd entry of this sort:
Author: B.K. @ 12:11 PM