/r/RABM/

Thursday, November 20, 2014

misfortune - "Feathered Duke and Tar Fowler" (2011)

MISFORTUNE - "Feathered Duke and Tar Fowler"

Year: 2011
Genre: Black Metal, Grindcore
Country: Canada

Track List:
  1. Hatred
  2. Bloodlaws
  3. Scalps on a Mantle 
DOWNLOAD

Hello readers, I would like to begin this post by introducing myself, Preston Ell, as one of the new contributors to the RABM blog. I'm extremely excited to be a part of this because it is bar none my favourite blog out there and the political edge only sweetens it for me. I know that some of the writers here have been very busy and unable to make frequent posts so I only hope that I can take some weight off of their shoulders.

A little bit of info about me: I come from Canada (London, Ontario to be exact..) and I am also an active artist involved with lots of projects, basement shows, and my own little DIY label called Why Gang Records. My solo music was posted here a bit ago for those who may have seen it and I am currently in the production of another album under the same name that's proving to be some of my best work yet.

If you have any music you want to show me, feel free to shoot me an email: [p - system @ hotmail 'dot' com]

Anyways, without going into too much about myself, I would like to begin my first post by introducing one of my favourite local bands that is now sadly defunct. Misfortune was a really solid black metal band with fantastic musicians and their live performances were extremely intense/loud. They've since gone in various different directions and I know that their vocalist Anthony is currently living in Vancouver. You can check out his new project OAF here.

This release isn't too long but it's a great representation of what the band was. There are more tracks in the hopper ready to be released but they are lacking vocals at the moment. I'm hoping that they can get those out someday and maybe even play a reunion show of some sorts. Fans of grindy black metal will really enjoy this so give it a listen when you can.

bandcamp/facebook

3 comments :

  1. Thanks, sounds like a great band. Good to see that there are enough people that care about keeping this blog alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you aboard. I continue to try to fit more posts into my schedule, but obviously can only do so sporadically. I agree that this is a great blog worth keeping alive.

    ReplyDelete