Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BAD NEWS

Let's be brief. My mediafire account just received a strike for an alleged violation of ToS, so I can't use it anymore (at least until I clear up this issue with their support team). The wording of the complaints is very vague, so I can only guess that they suspected some of my files of containing copyrighted and/or sexually explicit material, and removed it without any further investigation. I've received similar notices in the past, namely regarding the file "Our Last Rain - Burn Me Tomorrow.rar", which allegedly contained material belonging to some company called XFC Inc. Of course it's only a free distributable demo, and it definitely couldn't have anything to do with XFC Inc. or any other company - however, I didn't receive any answer from the support team after I submitted a complaint about that.

Of course I'm going to submit another support ticket right now, but who knows if they'd agree to reactivate my account... Anyway, let's hope. Of course there won't be any updates in my blog until I solve this issue.

P.S. Strangely, it coincided with the day of protests against the proposed internet censorship bill in Russia. Let us assume that I put my blog on hold in support of these protests too. Of course it's nowhere near as popular as wikipedia, but that's the only contribution in fight with these idiotic laws that I can make right now. Hell, this country is getting shittier and shittier with every day...

13 comments :

  1. If things don't work out with Mediafire, you can always just move to another filelocker. After all, for every site they shut down, several more will take its place.

    PS: I hate Blogger's captcha system. Why can't they just use reCAPTCHA just like everyone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I don't want to lose all the files that I already have uploaded there (and there's a lot). Though I won't have any other choice if they refuse to unsuspend my account.

      Delete
  2. out of fear, i've jumped to dropbox. This would limit how much you can put up, but might be a temporary fix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit, man. This sucks, after the banning of megaupload, mediafire was the best option, it was fast and no captcha bullshit. Now the rest of filelockers are good but slow as hell and most of them just let you download 1 file at a time. re-uploading all files is a pain in the ass, really. I was about to send you some albums, but I think I better wait.

    Hopefully everything will be solved soon.

    see ya around buddy.

    Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you can solve this. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Move to zippyshare, buddy. Don't let the bastards grind you down. Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. use rapidhsare, that works, and also last.fm, its a highly undergorund music site that changed its name from music.download, its a website for the BANDS anyway and alot of them actually post their shit up for free, plus I doubt the government would know of that site let alone the mainstream populace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rapidshare is actually quite bad because it severely limits the speed of downloading, and the period of file storage isn't that long. Last.fm? It's an online radio/charts site, not a file sharing site. And even though it allows to upload your own music, the bitrate is limited to 128 kbps, the bulk downloading of albums isn't allowed, and most importantly - you must be in a band to upload your own music (or run a label).

      Delete
  7. sorry for the wierd screename up there btw, I tried to login through my aol account and for some reason it didnt post my aol name, ah well, but definately switch to rapidshare and last.fm, also keep me updated on those bands from Greece, I have a strong passion for their culture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems. Yes, the anarchist movement of Greece is definitely admirable, and you may be interested in this blog: http://thedarkskiesaboveus.blogspot.gr/

      Delete
  8. Please, where can I buy RABM albums??
    Thank you!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean buying CDs, or just financially supporting the bands? Most RABM demos aren't for sale on physical medium; however, you can buy a lot of great albums from Pagan Flames (http://www.paganflames.com/) and other labels which I've mentioned in my blog. And if you just want to donate some money to the bands - nearly every band now haves a bandcamp page, where you can easily donate any sum of money to them.

      Delete